New Borns and New Moms: An Urban Indian Mother’s Guide to Life after Childbirth
(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
‘A useful guide for new mothers’ – Dr Nirmala Krishnan, Founder of The 20’s and Art to Connect
‘A candid eye-opener’ – Naiyya Saggi, Founder of Babychakra
If you are struggling to cope with the anxieties of being a new mother, this is the book you need!
As soon as a baby is born, a woman’s life is engulfed by inevitable chaos. Newborns and New Moms dispels the confusion new mothers in urban India often go through.
Drawing from her own experience as a mother and her years as an accomplished and empathetic family physician, Dr Farah Adam Mukadam offers valuable tips and advice tailored for Indian parents through a book that:
- Prepares a mother for her new life once the baby comes home
- Validates Indian traditions surrounding childcare from a scientific and modern perspective
- Provides insights about what to expect from family members and how to handle complex domestic circumstances after childbirth
- Covers pertinent topics like mastering breastfeeding, accepting your changed body, postpartum mental and sexual well-being and readjusting to work after maternity leave
- Contains useful tips for expecting couples in the age of Covid-19
Packed with wisdom and strengthened by real-life examples, this accessible how-to is the inspiration you need to embrace and enjoy motherhood.
From the Publisher